I was probably one of the first ones to purchase the Trim Healthy Mama book when it came out and I can’t believe that was over 2 years ago! Over those two years I have been amazed at the progress I have made but have to admit there have been times of falling off plan too.
I thought I would put together a quick post this morning with some tips that have helped me to stay on plan. My prayer is that this will encourage you and give you some tips and resources to help you stay on plan too!
1. Plan your meals!
I don’t know about you, but if I don’t have my meals and snacks planned out, I tend to grab for something that is not on plan. Yikes! Having a plan in place really helps you be intentional about what you eat and helps keep you accountable too.
- Sample THM Menus
- Printable Recipe Cards
- Free Menu Planner Printables
- My Favorite THM Meals + More Free Printables
- Free Food Log Printable
- My THM Recipes
2. Keep snacks made ahead in the refrigerator or freezer.
This is probably my most important tip. I am a snacker, BIG time! If I don’t have some things made ahead in the freezer it is way too easy to go grab some chips or (my favorite) chocolate chips and snack on them. We all know what that will do to you! Below you will find links to some of my favorite snacks!
- Rich Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Fudgy No-Bake Cookies
- Lavash Chips
- Any of my Fuel Pull Cakes (Use the Master Mixes – below – to make this a breeze to whip up!)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Bars
- Chocolate Cake Master Mix
- Vanilla Cake Master Mix
3. Eat a variety of foods.
There are so many yummy recipes out there now to choose from. Start with the ones in the Trim Healthy Mama book, but from there feel free to browse tons of great blogs and Pinterest boards for more recipes. Below I will list a few to get you started!
- My THM Recipes
- My THM Pinterest Board
- Recipes on the THM Website
- A Home With Purpose
- Briana Thomas
- Grassfed Mama
- Gwen’s Nest
- Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Simply Healthy Home
- The Coers Family
4. Cook in bulk and freeze for easy meals later.
I know this won’t work for everything, but there are some things that you can cook in bulk and freeze. Breakfast foods like muffins, waffles, and pancakes are easy to make in bulk and freeze. You can also cook ahead meat like hamburger and chicken breasts and bag in meal sized portions. This cuts down your dinner preparation time when you have your meat already cooked.
- Waffles or Pancakes
- Waffle Bread for Sandwiches
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Any of my FP Cakes (These are really muffins, but I call them cakes because they are so good and can be dessert too!)
5. Sign up for the THM Newsletter and join the Facebook Group for support.
Pearl and Serene (authors of the Trim Healthy Mama book) have put together an amazing website and newsletter! I know they are working on a bunch more neat features that they will be adding to the site in the future and I can’t wait. Sign up for their newsletter (link below) and receive a monthly newsletter with articles, new recipes, tips, and encouragement! These newsletters are amazing and SO worth signing up for.
In order to be successful with Trim Healthy Mama, it really does help to have others for support and encouragement. There is an awesome THM Facebook Group you can join, as well as a few other THM Facebook Groups that are specialized for some specific needs, like for those with allergies, or those that loose slowly, etc.
- THM Website (Click on the “Sign Up” link in the menu to sign up for the newsletter!)
- THM Facebook Group
- THM Bloggers’ Facebook Pages