Hi! I’m Sheri. I am a homeschool mom of five children and count it a privilege to share this journey with you.
The overriding theme of my site is to encourage you to be intentional in every area of your life. I enjoy writing on homeschooling, homemaking, healthy eating (including posts on Trim Healthy Mama), parenting, home business and more!
I usually post about 2-3 times a week (sometimes more). If you subscribe to my newsletter list, you will receive my blog posts via email whenever a new post is published, as well as additional newsletters to announce special sales or news from me.
My husband and I have been married for 26 years and are blessed with five children. I grew up on the West Coast but when it was time to go off to college I headed out to Iowa to attend a small Bible college. I met my husband there and we were married the summer after my sophomore year. My husband graduated from Bible college that summer as well, so our lives were pretty full!
After I finished college we moved and took a small church in another town in Iowa. My husband was the pastor and we really enjoyed the friendly people. It was while we were there that our first child was born. It was also during that time that we first began thinking about homeschooling.
After pastoring for a few years, we felt the Lord leading us in a different direction. We made the move to Kansas and have been here ever since. My husband works concrete construction in a town nearby. I began working full time as a legal secretary when we first moved, but was able to quit work before my youngest was ready to start kindergarten.
How I Got Started Blogging
It was during those early years of homeschooling that I decided to start a blog. That was back in 2002 before WordPress, when all there was available was HTML sites. I built a small site and began sharing about our homeschool studies. That original site was: www.school4jesus.com. I kept that site for quite a few years until I made the decision to move my blog to a new site with a new name.
Since then, my site has taken on a life of its own, and has become a resource for the Christian family in the areas of homemaking, homeschooling, healthy eating, parenting, home business, and more!
Your support of our site allows us to sponsor three children through Compassion International. This has been a highlight of our lives, as we are able to write letters to our Compassion kids, send them pictures and small gifts, and read letters from them about their lives. Read all about our involvement in Compassion here!
Popular Posts from 2016
If you are new here, please consider checking out the top posts from 2016:
- Crocheted Scrubbies (pattern)
- Editable Recipe Cards (free printable)
- Cash Envelope System (free printables)
- Editable Weekly Menu Planner (free printable)
- Free Cleaning Calendar
- Free Spring Cleaning Checklists (free printables)
- Huge List of Free Phonics Games, Worksheets, and Curriculum
- The Homeschool Handbook Magazine (free online)
- Huge List of Productive Free Time Activities
- The Homeschooler’s Read-Aloud Guide
- Plan Your Homeschool Year With My Intentional Monthly Planner
- Living Books List for Science
- Free Bible Studies for Women Online
- He Looked Beyond My Faults
- Homemade Face Cleansing Pads
- How I Am Using Google Calendar to Organize My Life
- Making Birthdays Special With Fun Cakes
Trim Healthy Mama
- Fudgy No-Bake Cookies (THM:S)
- Trim Healthy Mama Sample Menus
- Trim Healthy Mama Printables
- Chocolate Cake (THM:FP)
- Brownies (THM:FP/S)
- THM Testimony: How Eating More “E” Meals Changed Everything