Post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is my first attempt to fix a Trim Healthy Mama “dessert” for my whole family…Brownies! I wanted something easy I could mix up and have enough to serve our family of 7. These worked great! I even got my husband to try a piece and he thought they were pretty good (which says a LOT!). I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons oat fiber
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Gluccomannan
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Truvia + several shakes of NuNaturals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa (try a combo of regular and dark cocoa for an even richer frosting!)
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluccomannan
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla or plain)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Truvia + Several dashes of NuNaturals to taste
- Make the Frosting recipe then put in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to frost brownies. (This is a pudding-like frosting that needs some time to “thicken”!)
- Mix dry ingredients well in a small bowl, then add wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9×9-inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Top with the frosting and some chopped nuts if desired (see THM note below if using nuts!).
- THM Notes: To keep FP – Just the brownie and frosting alone would be a FP and you could have half the pan if you want and it would still be a FP (but I don’t recommend it!) To make it an S – If you add some chopped nuts on top, then you will need to limit how many pieces you have to keep this in FP range. If you go easy on the nuts, you will be ok. If you go heavy on the nuts, the added fat will put this in S territory.
- Whip all ingredients with a small whisk in a small bowl. Make sure it is mixed well. This makes a pudding-like rich frosting that is SO good! Cover and put in refrigerator until brownies are ready to frost (it will need to “thicken” a bit before frosting).
Ok…are you ready to have a piece with me? Here is one just for YOU!
This post is linked up at Stacy Makes Cents!