Post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For those of you who don’t follow me on Pinterest, I just HAD to share this brownie recipe! It is SOOOO good…just like the boxed mixes…really! This is absolutely the BEST brownie recipe I have EVER tried. It is going in my Recipe Book in place of my other brownie recipe. I would have taken a picture of the brownies when I made them, but they disappeared too fast! So…the picture shows the mixes I made up today and put in the freezer for later.
You will find the original recipe here. I added a bit more detailed directions and my own ideas here. You can make these brownies right away, put together as mixes to store in your pantry or freezer, or put the dry ingredients into a pint jar (it will fit perfectly!) along with a tag with instructions for baking, and give as a gift!
FUDGE BROWNIE MIX
- 1 cup sugar (I used organic sugar)
- 1/2 cup flour (I used fresh-ground hard white wheat)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Add the above dry ingredients to a ziplock bag. Seal and shake around to mix.
Write the following instructions on the bag:
Add: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Grease bottom only of 9×9-inch pan. Pour brownie batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
– This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch pan.
– For gift giving, put the dry ingredients in a pint jar (or double and put in a quart jar), then add the directions to a pretty tag.
– When making the brownies, add in chocolate chips, nuts, etc. for a special treat!