I love it when I come up with yummy gluten-free recipes! This one is definitely a keeper! It made such a light and fluffy breakfast bar…they were SO good! I made some green smoothies to go with these for breakfast and it was so good. Enjoy!
- 1 cup brown rice flour (*see note below)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 3/4 cup organic sugar or Sucanat (or 1/2 cup honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened if possible)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
In a large bowl, mix up the dry ingredients (if using honey, put it in with the wet ingredients).
Add in the applesauce, eggs, and butter and mix well.
Spread in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Just a reminder that if you have a grain mill, you can make your own brown rice flour. Simply buy some brown rice and run it through your mill! I do a bunch at a time and keep it in a container in the freezer.