Oatmeal is a very simple, healthy, and filling breakfast! It is so easy and quick to make too. Here is how to make it so you get the most nutrition from it:
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. THE NIGHT BEFORE: In a large plastic or glass bowl, mix up the rolled oats, 3 cups water, milled flax seeds, lemon juice, and wheat flour. Mix well and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Let sit on your counter over night.
2. THE NEXT MORNING: Dump the mixture into a pot, along with the 2 cups water and sea salt. Bring to a simmer and let cook for a few minutes.
3. Serve the oatmeal with honey or other sweetener, dried fruit and nuts for toppings, along with milk.
Note: If you serve the oatmeal as a meal, then take your leftovers (if you have any) and scoop 2-cup portions into freezer containers. Then use this leftover oatmeal for the Oatmeal Breakfast Bars recipe!