I woke up this morning to this quote in my Facebook feed:
“Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Make the most of it and don’t sweat the small stuff!”
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook this morning and I loved it. You see, she posted it from a hospital room where her husband is admitted and facing gall bladder surgery. It reminded me again that we can’t live in the past, or be fearful of the future. We have to live for today, enjoying each moment the Lord gives us.
I think that is why the overall theme of my blog has been all about being intentional. I don’t want to miss those moments. I want to live today with intention and purpose. And yes, I don’t want to sweat the small stuff either!
It is easy to get caught up in all the expectations of others, in the busyness of life, in the trials we all go through, and forget that today is a gift.
Today is a gift that will never be given back to us. What are we doing with it?
I don’t want to get sidetracked, either physically or mentally, and neglect this precious gift God has given to me. We can’t “redo” the past and we are not guaranteed tomorrow – but we have today!
* Today I will hug and kiss my husband and children…a lot!
* Today I will spend time encouraging someone.
* Today I will do something to make my home beautiful.
* Today I will do my Bible study and prayer time because I can’t live for today without it!
* Today I will read to my children.
* Today I will be thankful and content with where God has me.
* Today I choose joy.
* Today I choose love.
What about you? What will you choose to do with today – this precious gift from God?
May each of you have a blessed day today!