Post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love this season of the year…the leaves are falling, the air is crisp and cool…just right for a yummy dessert like this! Enjoy!
Makes a 9×13-inch cake
- 2 cups flour (I use hard white whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or use ½ t. cinnamon, ¼ t. nutmeg, 1/8 t. ginger, 1/8 t. ground cloves)
- 2 cups sugar (use organic sugar or Sucanat for a healthier option)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil (I didn’t try this yet, but you may try substituting 1 cup applesauce for the oil)
- 15-oz. Can pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix completely. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake before frosting.
Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting or this Butter Cream Frosting.