Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
Post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Sucanat or organic cane sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups milk, yogurt, kefir, or buttermilk
2 tablespoons molasses
3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dry ingredients first in a large bowl – the flour, oat bran, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Add the wet ingredients next – butter, milk/yogurt/kefir/buttermilk, eggs, and molasses. Mix well.
4. Gently stir in the blueberries.
5. Fill 24 muffin cups using a 1/4 cup measure to scoop. (It might make a bit more dough…maybe enough for 30.)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yield: Makes 24-30 muffins.
Note: Next time I make these I am going to try to soak the flour and oat bran in the butter and milk product. The next morning then, I would add in the eggs and molasses first, using a mixer to break up chunks. Then add in the remainder of the dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Then after all this is mixed up good, then stir in the blueberries. I’ll post revised instructions here once I give it a try!