My kids LOVE macaroni and cheese and it took me a long time to find a homemade recipe that they like. They LOVE this one! I hope you enjoy it too.
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
- 4 cups elbow pasta, uncooked (you can use whole wheat pasta for a healthier option)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or 3/4 cup water & 2/3 cup non-fat dry milk mixed together)
- 15 slices of American cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Additional milk as needed
Cook elbow pasta for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir over medium low heat until the cheese is melted. Add in more milk if the macaroni is too thick.
Turn off the heat, put a cover on the pan, and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.