I think of all the food items in my kitchen, I probably use this one the most — my Homemade Chicken Bouillon Powder!
The reason I use it so much is because it is so versatile and can be used in a lot of recipes. I thought it would be fun to do a post where I round up some of the recipes that I use the Chicken Bouillon Powder in. If you haven’t ever tried it, go get the ingredients and mix yourself up a jar full of it and give it a try! You will love it. I promise!
- 1 1/3 cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Tablespoons onion powder
- 7 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon rice protein powder (*or sub with other protein powder)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (*or sub with Truvia)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic granules or powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Blend all the ingredients in a small food processor until powdery and mixed well. Store in a dry, airtight container. I use a pint jar with a lid and it works perfectly!
- Use 1 level teaspoon per cup of boiling water.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups of bouillon powder
- * For those following THM, this bouillon powder would work wonderfully to make your own quick sauces and gravies! I use this all the time to add flavor to soups.
Recipes Using My Homemade Chicken Bouillon Powder
This is a great dish to make when you don’t have a lot of time and you want a yummy dinner on the table. Since it takes about 1-1/2 hours to bake, you can quickly get it ready and in the oven and then have some free time while dinner bakes!
My family absolutely loves this recipe! Use up leftover meat and veggies and this makes a yummy, frugal meal!
Use up leftover baked potatoes and ham to make this yummy casserole! Serve with a big salad or some fruit and you have a great meal!
I make this recipe once a week or once every couple weeks. Using leftover meat and veggies from the freezer, this makes a very frugal meal. Dump everything in the crockpot and let it simmer all day. Serve with corn chips and cheese for a wonderful dinner!
If you like chicken pot pie but need an easier version, this is it! Instead of having to make some pie crusts, you simply mix up the crust in a bowl and pour over the top before baking. I love this meal!
I use this cream soup substitute all the time! You can see it in the above picture, using it to make a pot pie filling. No more canned cream of ___ soup for me! This is my go to cream soup now!
This is another one of our favorite meals. It is very easy and quick to throw together. You can even make up an extra pan to put in the freezer for another meal later if you wish.