It has kind of been a crazy week and so I thought today I would give you a quick peek into my week.
My dad had surgery on Tuesday, so as I sat in the waiting room with my mom, I did some crocheting. I worked on a dishcloth (like the ones above). I love these dishcloths and they go together so easy. Crocheting is very therapeutic for me! You can find the pattern for these dishcloths here! (By the way, my dad came through surgery and is doing very well at home recovering!)
Another thing I did while I was waiting at the hospital was go through all the curriculum available in the Build Your Bundle Homeschool Sale and decide what I wanted to buy for next year. I ended up buying the Copywork Bundle and then I Built My Own Bundle with items I wanted from different bundles. Here are the books I ordered in that bundle:
- Frank Webster Adventure Audiobook Collection 1 – I am really excited about these audiobooks by Uncle Rick. The kids are going to have so much fun listening to these!
- The Children’s Character Building Collection (11 ebooks in this set) – I am always looking for good books for the kids to read. I will be adding these to the list for my older ones to read on their own.
- Quark Chronicles – Botany – I plan on reading this one aloud to the kids – more living science books!
- Teaching Science and Having Fun – I added this book at the last minute, but it looked like it may have a ton of great information about teaching science (which I need a little more help in!).
- Large Family Homeschooling – I have been wanting to read this book by my friend, Amy, for quite a while now. Now I can!
- Math Essentials – Geometry – I have several of the Math Essentials books and so far we have liked them. I went ahead and picked up this one since it is an ebook and we will be able to use it for multiple kids.
- Fine Art Pages Collections 2 – I already have Collection 1 of these art pages and was excited to get Collection 2.
- Using Nature Study – Nature Journals -and Poetry Through the Year – This one I am REALLY excited about! I am always looking for ways to get more science in and this will be a great resource.
- Knights and Nobles Unit Study – We will be studying the Middle Ages as part of our history next year, so I thought this would be fun to add to our study.
- Mega History-Themed Coloring Book – This is an amazing set of history themed coloring books. Not only are there fun pictures for the kids to color, but there are short descriptions for copywork too!
If you are still looking for some things for your homeschool next year, do take some time to check out this huge sale. It is crazy what the prices are!
Look what came in the mail today — the proof copy of my brand new softcover book, Intentional Prayer Journal! Once I get it checked through to make sure it all looks good, I will be getting it up for sale on Amazon. Yeah! (Look below for details on winning a copy of this book!)
We started reading A Girl of the Limberlost this week in our read-aloud time in the afternoon. So far we are really enjoying it. As I shared before, I am reading out of an original copy, dated 1909, so it is a little fragile. The other day when I was reading, I came to a page that had been torn out. Thankfully I had this book in my Read-Aloud Treasury Character Building set on Kindle so we were able to fill in reading the page that was missing from the book!
I made this delicious Caramel Brownie Pie over last weekend and wow! You have to give this a try. The combination of the fudge pie and then the caramel sauce on top was just amazing. It was delicious and you couldn’t even tell it was good for you! For you THM readers, this is an S dessert.
Before I give the details on the giveaway, I just wanted to close with a bit of encouragement. I was listening to a radio show on Tuesday when I was on my way to the hospital and they were talking about whether we are living our lives with questions marks or exclamation points. If we are living with question marks, we are always doubting and asking why when things happen. If we are living with exclamation points we are focusing on the truth – that we serve a risen Savior, that our sins are forgiven, that the Lord will never leave us or forsake us, etc. I don’t know about you, but I find myself living with question marks way too often. I want to start living with exclamation points! How about you?
GIVEAWAY: WIN A COPY OF THE INTENTIONAL PRAYER JOURNAL
I thought it would be fun to celebrate my brand new book with a giveaway! I will be giving away 1 copy of my brand new softcover book, Intentional Prayer Journal. (Note: Due to shipping costs, I can only offer this to those within the US.)
To enter the giveaway: Simply leave a comment on this blog post – that’s it!
The giveaway ends midnight CST Sunday night, May 31, 2015, so go ahead and leave a comment now before you forget!