Post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 cups pickling cucumbers, unpeeled, chopped or ground
- 4 1/2 cups white distilled vinegar, 5% acidity
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- heaping 1/3 cup minced dried onions
- 4 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
Chop or ground cucumbers and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in a 6-quart saucepot; bring to boil. Add cucumbers, return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Ladle into hot sterilized canning jars, pint or half-pint size, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Run a thin, nonmetallic utensil down inside of jars to remove air bubbles. Wipe rim of jars clean with damp cloth.
Cover jars with sterilized metal lids and screw on bands, but not too tightly. Process in boiling water canner 10 minutes. Follow directions for your canner. Lids should seal and “pop”. When cool, tighten rings.