Dr. J. Vernon McGee’s 5-Year Series Thru the Bible – FREE Download!
Every once in a while I get in on listening to Dr. J. Vernon McGee on the radio. I always enjoy listening as he shares and studies through the Bible. Well, I found this morning that Thru the Bible is offering Dr. McGee’s complete 5 year study through the Bible as mp3 downloads…for free! You can also download his notes to go along with it.
If you download these and enjoy them, I would encourage you to make a donation to Thru the Bible to help keep this wonderful resource free. Here are the links where you can download the mp3 files and the PDF notes:
Complete 5-year Study Through the Bible
Enjoy listening, reading, and studying the Bible…from beginning to end!
Free Online Audio Bible
Listen to the Bible in a year! Listen as Max McLean delivers an engaging and powerful presentation of the Bible (NIV). Click here to go to the website.
Bible Memory System:
CLICK HERE to see what we are doing for our Bible Memory System and download verse cards to use…for free!
Free Online Bible Study Tool:
I like to use www.blueletterbible.org They have different translations, commentaries, concordance, etc.
Free Webster’s 1828 Dictionary Online:
How To Do a Word Study
Here are some steps you could take to do an in-depth word study:
1. First look up the word in the 1828 Webster’s dictionary and write the definition down. List the ones that you think would be most helpful to your study.
2. Next, underline key words from the definition that speak to you or that you feel are more important.
3. With the underlined words, take your Strong’s Concordance and look these words up to find scripture references relating to them. You are trying to get a biblical view from the definition that Webster has given.
4. Write down the scriptures that speak to you and that the Lord is using to clarify or show you His ways.
5. After you have done this, for all of the words you underlined write your own definition as you have learned based on your study of scripture.
6. Next, write out the bibilical principles that you have learned and how they relate to your life and how God is speaking to you.
Have fun studying!!!