I have to admit that this past year I have been cheating too much and not staying on plan…and gained about 10 pounds! Yikes! To me it just proves that Trim Healthy Mama works and when I don’t eat right, well, I gain and feel yucky! We have had some stressful times as a family and that hasn’t helped.
So I decided that enough is enough. I am getting back on track with Trim Healthy Mama, going to eat right again, and quit the “off-plan” snacking once and for all.
Now please understand that there is nothing wrong with eating the THM way. This was a problem with “me” that I needed to face and deal with. I was being lazy and too stressed to care. When things weren’t convenient, I grabbed what was there which usually was not on plan! It’s funny, because I was doing pretty well with all my meals, it was the snacking that was getting me!
I thought I’d share with you my “plan” to get back on track. Maybe it will help and encourage someone else that is in the same boat.
My Plan to Get Back on the Track With THM
- Weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the restroom. I know some don’t like to weigh each day, but when I am on a mission I like to know where I am at. I also know that your weight isn’t everything and it can actually be a hindrance weighing every day. For me, though, it really does help me when I see the weight coming off on a daily basis.
- Record my weight in my Intentional Journal. There is just something about writing it down. I think it helps me face the facts and it also keeps a record of where I am at as the days go by. I am using my Intentional Journal to keep track of my weight and what I eat each day.
- Begin each day with a large glass of water. This helps to get my digestion system going and actually helps me feel hungry and ready for breakfast shortly afterwards. Plus it gives me a head start for drinking the amount of water I should drink each day.
- Write down what I plan to eat for the day. I was doing this at the beginning of the year but somewhere along the lines stopped. Now I am back at it, recording in my Intentional Planner what I plan to eat each day. This helps me to see how to organize my meals, plus it helps me to stay on plan better.
- Have eggs and bacon for breakfast. Once I get myself back on track, I will start to add in other foods for breakfast, but for now I am sticking with a heavy S breakfast that is yummy and high in protein.
- Make skinny chocolate to have on hand for snacking during the day. I love chocolate and one of my major downfalls this past year was snacking on chocolate chips just because they were there and quick to grab. No more! It really doesn’t take much time to mix some up and harden in ice cube trays. Then I keep them in the freezer for a quick treat when I need it.
- Whip up some hot chocolate or chocolate milk for an evening treat. As you can tell, I love chocolate! One of my favorite quick treats is to fix some hot chocolate (in winter months) or chocolate milk (in warmer months). To make chocolate milk, I put about 1-1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk into a shaker cup (those kind that have the wire ball inside and a tight lid so you can shake the bottle to mix up the ingredients). Then to the almond milk I add a dash of salt and vanilla, 1 T. cocoa, 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder, and several shakes of Stevia powder. Shake up good to mix and enjoy a yummy treat! I love fixing this because it is very low in calories, fat, and carbs, so you can enjoy in the evening without guilt!
These are just some of the things that I am doing right now to get myself back on track. And you know what? After being fully back on plan beginning yesterday, I lost 1.8 pounds! Talk about an encouragement to keep going! Another added bonus is that I feel better this morning too. I have more energy and am ready for a new day.
How about you? Have you fallen off the bandwagon? Have you fallen back into old habits of unhealthy snacking?
Hang in there and start again! You can do it! Maybe some of the “plan” I shared above will help you to get going again.
Have a blessed day!
Sheri’s Trim Healthy Mama Shopping List – I have created a quick shopping list with links to some of the main THM foods!
Follow my Trim Healthy Mama Pinterest board to find more great meal ideas!
Follow Sheri Graham’s board Trim Healthy Mama Recipes on Pinterest.