A friend of mine recently shared a blog post that was written by a friend of hers, who recently lost her husband. In this blog post she shares about how we are “replaceable” in most roles we play in our lives, but the one role that is not replaceable is the role we play with our family. When we choose to live a life of intention, when we choose to do those things with our spouses and our children that no one else can do — we are building a life that is not replaceable.
A close friend of mine lost her husband last week. Her husband lived this kind of life and that is the kind of life I want to live. I thought today I’d share with you some ways I have lived intentionally in different areas of my life this past week. These days go by way too fast and I want to encourage you to live each day to the fullest, being busy doing the things God has called you to do.
1. We took the kids to a Wichita Wingnuts baseball game on Friday night. We had lots of fun and got to watch a really neat fireworks display afterwards!
2. One of the things I have been trying to do lately is make sure I have some time each day to do something I enjoy. One of those things is crocheting. I was able to get a few more dishcloth sets completed and added to the Shop!
3. I spent some more time working on Vol. 3 of The Reader’s Bible series. I am really excited to get this series done and available for you!
4. Crystal Paine mentioned this course on her site and I decided to go through it too. It is a 30-Day Challenge to master organization and achieve your goals. I am on Day 3 and it has been really good so far — and it’s free!
5. One of the things I want to instill in my children is the quality of serving others. My youngest daughter (age 9) loves babies and young children. In fact, she has begged my husband and me to have more children so she can play with them and help take care of them. Well, since I don’t think that is going to happen, I found a way for her to get to play with children and learn to serve at the same time. We signed up to help in the nursery at church! This past Sunday we worked in the nursery during the worship service for the first time and had so much fun.
I just want to encourage you today — go read this blog post — and then look at your own life and see if you are living a life of intention. I know it has challenged and encouraged me! I pray it spurs you on to live your life to the fullest today!