Ok…here is a recipe to make 20 pie crusts that you can put in the freezer! These are SO EASY and so nice to have ahead of time to make fruit pies, pot pies, or whatever! Enjoy the recipe!
3 lb. can Crisco vegetable shortening (Butter-Flavored Crisco works great!)
3 cups ice water
2 Tbsp. salt
Using your Bosch mixer with the dough hook:
- Add the Butter-flavored Crisco and blend on Speed 1.
- While blending the Crisco, add the salt.
- Then begin adding a little flour at a time while still blending the Crisco, being careful not to add too much flour at a time (you will know why if you add too fast!)
- Then alternate between adding flour and ice water till it’s all in.
- Then blend a minute or so longer and it’s done!
Dump the dough out onto the counter. Grab handfuls of dough and, using a kitchen scale, weigh them out until you have approx. 7.6 oz. per blob of dough. This should make about 18 to 20 crusts.
Form into a ball and flatten slightly into a patty. Place them on greased cookie sheets and freeze them overnight (flash freeze).
Put them in a couple of Ziploc freezer bags and store in your freezer.
When you want to make a pie crust, defrost desired number of crust “patties” on the counter 30 minutes or so ahead of time, or in the fridge overnight.
Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper or on a lightly floured surface and use as desired.
These crusts will keep for about 1 year in the freezer.